Description: A solitary dolphin creature creates an abstract painting by throwing a tantrum!
Content Warning: Bugs/centipede, upset vocalizations, mild(?) fantasy violence/gore, and nude/skeletal body imagery
Playtime: ~5 minutes
Performance Issues: If you run into slowdown from all the painting marks, press the W key to "reset" the canvas (your painting won't disappear, but the game objects will be cleared). You may also select the "low quality" option from the title menu to have the canvas automatically reset periodically.
Thank you for finding Bratavism! Interact with the title screen and menu using your mouse or trackpad. Once the game begins, you will only be using the keyboard. Fullscreen is recommended, toggle fullscreen with the Q key. Finally, please play with audio on, if possible!
Controls are displayed in-game, so you're all set to play Bratavism! However feel free to continue reading if you are nervous or have already finished playing.
|Charge Centipede Meter||Space Bar||Allows you to take more actions|
|Scratch||F||Damages Moon Nettles, hold down to charge a ferocious spin attack|
|Stomp||D||Damages Moon Nettles, hold down to stomp continuously|
|Cry||S||Hold down to unleash tears|
|Scream||A||The fastest way to deplete your Centipede Meter and causes Moon Nettles to flee|
- You cannot win or lose in Bratavism. The interactive portion will simply end when the Centipede Meter is depleted.
- Your Centipede Meter will slowly deplete on its own. Different actions will make it deplete faster by different amounts.
- Click the arrow icon in the bottom left of the credits screen to download your painting.
- If you want to mess around in the game or move through it quickly for reference, you can use my debug keys. Press 7 and 8 to quickly give yourself less or more Centipede. Press 9 and 0 to move to the previous or next scene. Press M to toggle muting of all sounds.
Bratavism is heavily indebted to numerous people who shared their resources on the internet. Note: if no license is listed, the resource was shared CC0 (Public Doman). Please contact me at email@example.com if your attribution is incorrect or you'd like it removed, thanks!
- Developed in Construct 2
- Most art assets created in Photoshop CS5
- Player animation created in Spriter Pro
- Looping textures created in Krita
- Sound recorded and manipulated in Audacity
- Some sound effects created in Reaper